La Fundació Familiar Catalana és una fundació privada, de caràcter cultural i docent constituïda l’any 1986. Està inscrita amb el número 303 en el Registre de Fundacions de la Generalitat de Catalunya.
La Fundació Familiar Catalana va ser constituïda el 24 de desembre de 1986 davant del notari de Barcelona senyor Antonio-Carmelo Agustín Torres, núm. 7272 de protocol. En virtut de l’Ordre del conseller de Justícia de 14 d'abril de 1987 es va inscriure, amb el número 303, en el Registre de Fundacions Privades de la Generalitat de Catalunya.
Mission and Vision
- To promote, foster, disseminate, improve and carry out all manner of educational activities, of both a practical and theoretical nature, in both academic and practical-application settings, through the organisation of teaching, cultural and educational activities that help ensure an enhanced technical, scientific, human and spiritual education for society at large, particularly Catalan society, at all levels, particularly as regards education, in all its levels, in the form of both recognised and non-recognised activities, which help give people access to basic or complementary education, work placement opportunities, an introduction to research and updated information in these fields.
- To promote human rights and support institutions that proclaim and defend them.
- To provide services that protect children and adolescents.
- To promote activities that support families and their physical and intellectual development.
- To ensure people receive a comprehensive education, in which humans are understood as transcendent, spiritual and free beings. With particular emphasis on the values of Catalonia, its territory, interests, culture, science, history, idiosyncrasies and language.
The Catalan Family Foundation’s primary area of activity is Catalonia, without prejudice to its extension into other areas.
Lines of Action
- Create educational institutions, particularly at university level, that are independent and autonomous or affiliated with other centres, public or private.
- Maintain a cultural and scientific connection with higher education institutions around the world and enter into suitable agreements to form partnerships in programmes of mutual interest.
- Establish and sponsor pilot or experimental programmes at all levels, cooperating with academic centres and other institutions, both public and private, to develop and implement such programmes through the relevant cooperation agreements.
- Cooperate with other entities with the same interests.
- Edit and publish texts related to education, teaching, culture, dissemination or research.
- Organise contests and award prizes for books or scientific publications on a proposed topic.
- Provide funding, in full or in part, for footage, films, reports or any other audiovisual recordings, particularly those related to education, teaching, culture, dissemination or research, and promote monetary contributions for cultural and teaching facilities, libraries, laboratories and other educational facilities, with particular emphasis on new professional fields and technologies.
- Award all manner of financial aid or loans for the purpose of introducing and implementing modern communication, teaching and research methods in all manner of educational, cultural and social institutions.
- Award all manner of grants, subsidies, financial aid or loans to scholars, professionals and students for training, enhancement or research purposes, and to ensure that they are able to cooperate with all manner of projects, seminars, courses or the teaching of any degree or level, even those that are not officially recognised, within the country or overseas, and establish a relationship with other educational or teaching institutions in the form of courses or exchanges.
- Promote conferences, symposiums, studies, courses, round tables, congresses, meetings, workshops or similar events, particularly in the fields of education and present and future means of communication.
- Cooperate with and participate in, directly or indirectly, as minority or majority holders, private non-limited liability or limited liability entities that fulfil all legal requirements and whose purpose and objectives are analogous or contributory to the purposes and object of the Foundation.